The Panter`s webstore
Main page: www.panteraconsulting.com
Natural drugs for urinary problems, genital ailments and other diseases
On this site you will find a presentation of specially selected natural products to help for urinary or genital ailments like: Menstrual pain, premenstrual syndrome, endometrisis, menopause problems, female hormonal impalances, urinary tract infection, yeat infection and prostate problems.
Down on this page there is also an article about urinary tract infection.
Treatment for infections in the urogenital zone
URINARY TRACT INFECTION - Medonin:This is a natural drug that helps to eliminate urinary tract infection, to alleviate the pain and itching experienced by urinary tract infection, and to make the defence against new infection stronger.
By urinary tract infection a person will experiencefrequent need to urinate and especially at night, misty and bad smelling urine, need to urinate, sometimes blood in the urine and sometimes mild fever. Blood in the urine may also have more serious causes and should allways be investigated.
The ingredients of Medonin and their effects are:
- Uva ursi leaves - Substances in these leaves kill bacteria. The most important of these substances is arbutin that is converted to hydroquinone in the urine.
- Cranberry - Cranbarry counteracts the growth of bacteria and reduces the amount of pus in the urine. It also helps the immune system to react stronger against the bacteria.
- Blueberry - Blueberry contains substances that combines with tha inner lining of the urinary system and makes it difficult for the bacteria to fasten. Bluebarry also helps the tissue to repair itself from damage, so that the bacteria do not so easily find openings or weak points in the inside walls of the urinary tract to break through.
- D-mannose - This glyconutrient binds to the bacteria and makes it difficult for them to stick to the inner walls of the urinary tract and to break inside through the walls. The bacteria are then more easily flushed out.
- Acidophius - This is a friendly bacterium (probiotic) that counteracts infectious bacteria. When acidophilus is present in the digestive tract or in the outer genitals, unfriendly bacteria are held away.
YEAST INFECTION - Veraferm: Helps against yeast infection by making an environment in the vagina and digestive tract unfavourable to the fungi and by stimulating the tissue responce against fungi.
Yest infection can occure both in the genital organs, and especially the vagina, and in the digestive tract. The most frequent infecting yest organism is Candida albicans. Symptoms of yeast infection in the genital area are: Burning or itching sensation in the vagina or around the infected area, sometimes a white discharge, Swelling, pain during urination
The ingredients of Veraferm and their effects are:
- Caprylic acid - This is a fatty acid with anti-fungal properties
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) - Goldenseal contains constituents like berberine wich work against pathogenic bacteria.
- Garlic (Allium sativa) - Garlic has potent antimicrobial effects against bacteria like E. coli, yests like Candida albicans and even agsinst antibiotic resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus.
- Biotin - This essential vitamin is necessary for skin integrity, and thus helps the intimate orefices to withstand tresspassing by bacteria, and to heal after attack by bacteria.
- Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus bifidum) - These are friendly bacteria that occur normally in the digestive tract. They help keep away dangerous microorganisms.
- Lactoferrin - This protein bind to iron and holds it away from the pathogenic bacteria and yeast, and thereby these microorganisms are hindered in their growth.
Treatment for problems in the female sexual organs or female sexual cycle
ExtenZe for women - to help for menstural problems, tor stronger lust, stronger lubrication and enhanced sexual abilities - These pills give you greater appetite for sex, makes you feel more pleasure mentally and physically, and give you stronger sexual physiology, including a stronger lubrication. They also help to reduce menstrual problems.
PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME - Menstium: This supplement is helpful against premenstrual syndrom by furnishing nutrients and stimulants that give a woman better mormon balamce.
Premenstrual syndrome can produce a variety of symptoms, like: Irritability, cramps, breast pain and tenderness, edema (swelling), constipation, irritability, depressed mood, anger, and headache.
By PMS there is often a hormone imbalance with a relatively high levels of estrogen coupled with relatively low levels of proestrogen.
The ingredients in Menstium and their effects are:
- Magnesium- Mgnesium helps women with PMS ageinst symptoms like: weight gain, swelling of extremities, breast tenderness, abdominal bloating and negative moods.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxin): This substance increases the uptake and effects of magnesium.
- Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus)- This medicinal plant is used to effectively treat a variety of gynecologic disorders. It has effects on most symptoms of PMS.
- Angelica sinensis (Dong quai)- Dong quai is traditionally used in Chinese Medicine to treat menstrual cramps, irregularity, delayed or irregular flow, weakness during the menstrual period, and breast tenderness.
- Vitamine E - This vitamine helps against most symptoms of PMS.
- L-theanine - This is a phytochemical found in grean tea. It has relaxing effects.
ENDOMETRIOSIS - Fallodox. By endometriosis, the endometrium , the tissue normally lining only the inside of the uterus, grows also outside this location. This in turn leads to menstrual irregularities and eccessive bledings, deficiencies of minerals and other nutrients, loss of fertility and proneness to infections. Fallodox may be helpful for those suffering from endometriosis by regulating the menstrual cycles, remending deficiencies, promoting fertility and boosting the immune system.
Ingredients: Black Cohosh Extract (root) Cimicifuga
Racemosa, Saw Palmetto Extract (berry) Serenoa Repens, Saw Palmetto (berry)
Serenoa Repens, Blessed Thistle (herb) Cnicus Benedictus, Red Raspberry (leaf)
Rubus Strigosus, Fennel Extract (seed) Foeniculum Vulgare, Wild Yam (root)
Dioscorea Villosa, Dandelion (leaf) Tarazacum Officinale, Dong Quai Extract (root)
Angelica Sinensis, Oat Straw Extract (leaf) Avena Sativa, Fenugreek (seed)
Trigonella Foenum-graecum, Chasteberry Extract (berry) Vitex Agnus Castus, Red
Clover Extract (flower) Trigolium Pratense, Olive Extract (leaf) Alea Europea,
Cats Claw (bark) Uncaria Tomentosa
Avlimil Complete - to improve female hormone balance and sexual functions - This supplement has the aim of balancing the female hormone level in a broad sense and improve sexual functions. It has effect against many symptoms associated with problems with the female hormone balance: Bad sleep, flashes, sweats, cramps, tender breasts, mood problems, fuzzy mind, bad erotic appetite, PMS-symptoms, post-partum depression and anxiety,
The ingredients with their effects are ase follows:
Soybean Isoflavones - to give a beneficial hormone-like
stimulation of sexual functions.
Treatment for ailments and problems in the male genitals
Semenax - to improve male hormone balance and sexual functions - Optimizes semen production, semen quality, genital functions, fertility, erectile capabilities, sexual reflexes, sexual drive and intimate feelings.
Main ingrediets with their effects are:
Swedish flower pollen - Flower pollen has a long proven vigorizing effects on male functions.
L-Arginine HCL - This substance stimulates the production of sperm celles and semen
Horny goat weed or Epidemium sagitatum - Increases the sexual drive and the production of male hormones.
L-Carnitine - Increases the vigour of sperm cells.
CATUABA BARK - enhances the libido.
PROSTATE DISEASE - Prostate
factors - Michael's Healths Products -
Remedy to maintain or restore optimal
prostate health. Through the link, you will also find many other special
products to give an optimal prostate standard.
Vitamin C (As Calcium Ascorbate), Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopheryl
Succinate),Magnesium (As Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate)
Natural products to treat other ailments
PROSTATE DISEASE - Prostate factors - Michael's Healths Products - Remedy to maintain or restore optimal prostate health. Through the link, you will also find many other special products to give an optimal prostate standard.
Vitamin C (As Calcium Ascorbate), Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopheryl
Succinate),Magnesium (As Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate)
Natural products to treat other ailments
If you are looking for something that you did not find in the presentation above, you will probably find it in these collections of natural products:
CURE OR SUPPORT against many specific diseases - Medicines to be taken by mouth: Acne, aging symptoms, AIDS, allergies, Alzheimers disease/dementia, angina, arthritis (osteoarthritis), arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis), asthma, attention deficit disorder (ADD), breast cancer, burns, carpal tunnel syndrome, cholesterol, cronic bronchitis, chronic cough, chronic fatigue sydrom, cognitive problems, colds and flue, congestive heart failure (CHF), Crohn`s disease, depression, diabetes mellitus type 1, diabetes mellitus type 2, eczema, edema, endometriosis, fatigue, fibromyalgia, hair loss, herpes simplex, hyperlipidemia, hypertention, obesity, otitis media
, please go here noni, mangosteen, goji, acai juices and, glyconutrients - please click here
GENERAL HERBALIST:In this shop you can find preparations of any herb singly or in combination with other herbs to use as natural drugs or as soices in food. There are also many other products for bath and and body care.
GENERAL VITAMIN AND MINERAL STORE: Here you will find preparations of every vitamin and mineral for your specific need.
Medical and nursing equipment-Equipment for medical treatment and nursing of many kinds: Support for diabetics, Enema equipment, orthopaedic items, catheters and urinary support, equipment for heart and circulatory support, monitors for blood pressure, respiratory items, exercise gears, items for ulcer and injury nursing, and much more.
Resourses for use by our visitors
Here under is an article about urinary tract infection. We also have other rescourses for use by our visitors. A complete list of the rescourses is given here.
About urinary tract infection - its treatment and prevention
By urinary tract infection, bacteria are growi in the urinary tract and are causing symptoms.
By lower urinary tract infection, the infection is confined to the urethra and bladder. By upper utinary tract infection the urethers between the bladder and the kidneys and the kidneys are also infected.
Most often the infection is confined to the inner spaces of the urinary tract and the membrans lining these spaces. Such an infection in the kidnets is called pyelonephritis.
The infection may however also go into the deeper tissues in the urinary tract. A deeper infection of the kidneys are called interstiatial nephritis. A deper infection in the baladder is called interstitial cystitis.
A urinary tract infection is often acute with distinct symptoms, but may be chornic wit gradually accuring and less pronounced symptoms.
Causes of and types of urinary tract infections
Urinary tract infection is most often caused by bacteria commonly found in the body without making an infection, for example Escherihia colii
Symptoms of lower urinary tract infection
The symptoms of infection in the bladder4 and urethra are:
Frequent urination along with the feeling of having to urinate even though there
may be very little urine to pass.
- Nocturia: Need to urinate during the night.
- Urethritis: Discomfort or pain at the urethral meatus or a burning sensation throughout the urethra with urination (dysuria).
- Cystitis: Pain in the midline suprapubic region.
- Pyuria: Pus in the urine or discharge from the urethra.
Hematuria: Blood in urine.
- Pyrexia: Mild fever
- Cloudy and foul-smelling urine
- Increased confusion and associated falls are common presentations to Emergency Departments for elderly patients with UTI.
By accute UTI these symptoms come abrupt and are distinct. By chronic UTI, the symptoms are usually milder and may nearly lack.
Symptoms of upper urinary tract infection
By upper UTI many of the same symptoms as by lower UTI will occure. This is partly because upper UTI also usually involves lower UTI.
Emesis: Vomiting is common.
- Back, side (flank) or groin pain.
- Abdominal pain or pressure.
- Shaking chills and high spiking fever.
- Night Sweats.
- Extreme exhaustion
Complications by urinary tract infection
By upper urinary tract unfection, the infection can go deep into the tissues in the kidney and gradually destroy the structures that excrete urine. This can lead to kidney failur.
Urinary tract infection can lead to forming of scar tissue, for example in the urethra, that narrows the passage, and makes it difficult to pass urine.
How is UTI diagnosed
By symptoms of UTI a spot mid-stream urine sample is sent alysis. Especifically one analyses the presence of elements caused by the bodie's reaction against the bacteria, like nitrites, leukocytes or leukocyte esterase.
If there is a high bacterial load without the presence of leukocytes, it is most likely due to contamination.
The diagnosis of UTI is confirmed by a urine culture where tha bacteria in the urine are multiplied to get a more distinct picture of the types of bacteria present.
When UTI is present in a pregnant woman, it can affect the developmen of the child so that the child is born with too low weight.
By men, an UTI can proceed into the prostate and cause infection also there.
What makes a person susceptible to urinary tract infection
Normally bacteria are washed out or the urinary tract by the flow of urine.
Abnormalities in the urinary tract that hinder the fkushing out of bacteria can make a person more susceptible for UTI.
Strictures or valve-like structures in the urethra or in the connection between the bladder and urehra is such an abnormality.
Annormalities in the junction between the ureters and the bladder causingr reflux of urine from the bladder back into the urethers is also make it more esy for the bacteria to fasten in the urinary tract.
The inner lining of the urinary tract has a protective sheet of proteins. Chemical changes in the body that make this lining more sticky to the bacteria seem to cause UTI. Also mechaniocal damages to this lining and the epitelial tissue under it can make it more easy for the bacteria to stick to a place and cause infection.
Allergies can be a hidden factor in urinary tract infections. For example, allergies to foods can irritate the bladder wall and increase susceptibility to urinary tract infections. Keep track of your diet and have allergy testing done to help eliminate foods that may be a problem.
Urinary tract infections after sexual intercourse can be also be due to an allergy to latex condoms, spermicides, or oral contraceptives. In this case review alternative methods of birth control with your doctor.
The use of instruments in the urinary tract, like catheters or cystoscopes can cause urinary tract infection. This is because the instruments can take bacteria with them inside, and because the instruments can damage the inner lining in the urinary system and make it more easy for bacteria to fasten.
However, indwelling catheters are mre likely to cause UTI than intermittant catheters. Clean intermittant catheters carry law danger of causing UTI. It a person have problems with getting out all the urine, regular intermittant catheterization can in fact reduce the risk of UTI.
Standard treatment of urinary tract infection
-Most uncomplicated UTIs can be treated with oral antibiotics such as trimethoprim, cephalosporins, nitrofurantoin, or a fluoroquinolone (e.g. ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin). These are usually taken for 3 days in young adults, and 5 days in elderly.
Co-trimoxazole was previously internationally used (and continues to be used in
the U.S.), the additional of the sulphonamide gave little additional benefit
compared to the trimethoprim component alone, but was responsible for its both
high incidence of mild allergic reactions and rare but serious complications.
If the patient has symptoms consistent with pyelonephritis, intravenous antibiotics may be indicated. Regimens vary, usually Aminoglycosides (such as Gentamicin) are used in combination with a beta-lactam, such as Ampicillin or Ceftriaxone. These are continued for 48 hours after fever subsides. The patient may then be discharged home on oral antibiotics for a further 5 days
Long term small doses of antibiotics are often used to prevent UTI that tend to recure. This is done especially in children with urinary reflux. RTecent findings suggest however that this treatment may be of no value or may even have adverse effects.
For post-menopausal women, a randomized controlled trial has shown that intravaginal application of topical estrogen cream can prevent recurrent cystitis. In this study, patients in the experimental group applied 0.5 mg of estriol vaginal cream nightly for two weeks followed by twice-weekly applications for eight months.
Lifestyle mesure to prevent and treat urinary tract infection
The following are measures that studies suggest may reduce the incidence of
urinary tract infections.
-Cleaning the urethral meatus (the opening of the urethra) after intercourse has been shown to be of some benefit; however, whether this is done with an antiseptic or a placebo ointment (an ointment containing no active ingredient) does not appear to matter.
- Cleaning genital areas prior to and after sexual intercourse may help.
- Men engaging in anal sex can wear condoms to protect themselves from bacteria found in the bowels. By sex with a partner one does noe trust 100% or does not know well, one must allways use condome. Women engaging in anal sex must ensure that their partner does not penetrate their vagina after removal from the anus without washing themselves first.
- For sexually active women, and to a lesser extent men, urinating within 15 minutes of sexual intercourse to allow the flow of urine to expel the bacteria before specialized extensions anchor the bacteria to the walls of the urethra.
- A high intake of water have a good effect by making it easier to flush out bacteria.
- To urinate when there is an urge to do so helps to treat UTI.
- Bathing in warm water that has not got any soap or bath foams etc in it.
- Practicing good hygiene, including wiping from the front to the back to avoid contamination of the urinary tract by fecal pathogens.
Alternative treatment of urinary tract infection
Cranberry juice can decrease the incidence of UTI and help to get rid of UTI. A review by the Cochrane Collaboration of randomized controlled trials states 'some evidence from trials to show cranberries (juice and capsules) can prevent recurrent infections in women.
Blueberry juice can also prevent and help treat urinary tract infection.
Goldenseal root has effect against the bacteria causing UTI. It can be taken as a tea and as a tncture.
Uva ursi also has anti-bacterial effects useful agsinst UTI. It can be taken as a tea or a tincture.
A specific type of tannin found only in cranberries and blueberries prevents the adherence of certain pathogens (eg. E. coli) to the epithelium of the urinary bladder. It is also possible that these juices also have direct antibiotic effects on the backteria and also that these juices work by making the urine more acidic.
There are claims that supplements making the urine more alkaline helps to prevent and treat UTI. There are however also claims that supplements having an acidifying effect helps against UTI. Perhaps the backteria causing UTI only thrive in a narroe PH range, and deviations in both direction out of this range will have a therapeutic effect.
Potassium citrate and sodium citrate seem to help treat and prevent UTI. Also other citrates seem to have these effect. If one takes a mineral supplement, taking the minerals as citrates will also give an effect against UTI. This is possibley due to an alkalizing effect on the urine of thsese mineralic compounds that makes it difficult for the bacteria to thrive.
Acupuncture has been shown to be effective in preventing new infections in recurrent cases. One study showed that urinary tract infection occurrence was reduced by 50% for 6 months. However, this study has been criticized for several reasons. Acupuncture appears to reduce the total amount of residual urine in the bladder. All of the studies are done by one research team without independent reproduction of results.
Certain types of sugar in the diet seem to make the inner lining of the urinary tract less sticky to bacteria, and let the bacteria more easily get washed out, for example D-mannose. A diet with a rich variety of fruit and vegetables will increase the intake of such sugar types.
(Much of the above text is fetched form wikipedia.org, and it is therefore free to copy)
Disclaimer: The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. All decisions regarding patient care must be made with a healthcare provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.